I would like a creative self-portrait of you for the office wall. I will print the images as (4x3 or 5x7) for display in the classroom.
DIRECTIONS FOR AN IDEA:
1. Make an 8x10in canvas with 300 resolution.
2. Photograph a few silhouettes of yourself.
3. Photograph a few non-silhouette straight-forward images of yourself. Make sure your face shows.
4. Make other photographs if you wish.
5. Bring back to class and open all in Photoshop.
6. Pull your photos onto the 8x10 canvas as layers.
7. Process the layers/images in such a way that your silhouette is filled with the straight-forward image of yourself. (i.e. make sure your face shows)
TECHNIQUES FOR POSSIBLE USE:
-Cross processing, or other type of retro developing techniques. Here's a link. CLICK HERE.
-Tint the photo with color remaining.
-Cyanotype, sepia, etc.
-B/W & color combined.
Don't forget: Alter BLENDING MODE for each layer in the LAYERS palette
BUT...YOUR IMAGE COULD BE A STRAIGHT FORWARD PHOTOGRAPH AS WELL...and if so, do it creatively. :)