30 January 2014
FREE YOUR MIND, AND THE PHOTO WILL FOLLOW!
"All for fun, and fun for all!"-Unknown
"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious."-Peter Ustinov (1921 - 2004)
"Time's Fun when you're having Flies."-Kermit the Frog
"The wit makes fun of other persons; the satirist makes fun of the world; the humorist makes fun of himself."-James Thurber (1894 - 1961)
"He who does not get fun and enjoyment out of every day...needs to reorganize his life."-George Matthew Adams
"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing."-Dale Carnegie
Keeping the humor and/or 'strangeness' school-appropriate, you are to make photographs that are clever, witty, funny, unexpected, strange, ironic, surreal, dreamlike, magical, and/or visual puns. You are NOT to make photographs that are sadistic, painful, degrading, obscene, profane, violent, illegal, unsafe, harming, or anything else that would be inappropriate to stand up and do/say in the middle of a Tualatin High School class. KEEP IT FUNNY OR MAGICAL. You can be clever and funny without being cheap and insulting (that's the humor of a lazy mind, anyway).
Think outside the box.
Maybe you could...
1. Take a different angle.
2. Ask searching ?uestions.
3. Ask yourself 'what could be added to make this photo surprising/unexped?'
4. Walk backwards for ten minutes.
5. Recite the alphabet backwards.
6. Turn a picture/yourself upside down.
7. Borrow something.
8. Do an interpretive dance...while listening to your headphones...in a populated public place.
9. Make up new - ridiculous! - lyrics to a song.
10. Don't just walk to your next class...MARCH! to your next class.
11. Force yourself to hysterically laugh for one minute.
12. Bounce a ball.
HOW TO BE CREATIVE:
Oh, here are a few random videos to get you thinking (if you haven't started already ;):
Creativity is NOT a rare thing. It exists, but you need to 'find' it.
Posted by W.